Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Powerless

I determined one thing over the last couple of days...I'm no pioneer woman. After a stomach virus swept through our house last week, we were greeted with the most beautiful snow I've ever seen. If it had stopped there, I would have been in snow heaven; however, the power went out Sunday afternoon and did not return until yesterday. Now, I get really cold really easily. I love a hot shower. I love a cozy bed. And I love most everything associated with a beautiful snow - building snowmen, throwing snowballs, roasting marshmallows over a roaring fire, hot chocolate, etc. For two days I brushed my teeth with snow melted by the fire and slept with the entire family in one bed to stay warm. Okay...that is just not fun for me. When you came in from playing in the cold snow, you were greeted by the cold house. Thank goodness my husband is the master at keeping a fire going. I was seriously thinking about checking into a warm and comfy hotel, but I'm married to an outdoor man who loves camping and testing the elements. At least he had the clothes for it (that he generously let me borrow,) and that camp stove of his saved us from going hungry. Here are some pictures from our trip back in time.

We went from this....

to this!


This is our idea of outdoor refrigeration.
I'll post some really cute snow pictures of the boys in my next post. My camera battery died (as did cell phones and everything else that requires electricity to charge!), so my husband got some great shots of the boys playing on his camera. I just really felt like it was necessary for me to explain my blogging absence. Oh, by the way...another giveaway is coming up soon. And for a little hint - this time my husband is getting involved!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lannae--I feel your pain!! We just got our power back today!! Makes you realize how much we take things for granted. Heidi

maggiegracecreates said...

after 2 days of no power - I was over it. the ellisors are still without. i wanted coffee (hell is waiting for me) and a hot shower.
we had no secondary heat source - at all 45 degrees inside is too freakin cold.

glad you - we - have amenities back.