Monday, May 11, 2009

my baby turned 6!

It really irritates my husband when I call Walker baby in public. For instance, I might say it while he is playing soccer or t-ball. Burke quickly reminds me in the quiet tone that he tends to use that Walker is no longer a baby. Each time I remind him that I gave birth to the little guy and he will always be my baby. Thursday was "my baby's" sixth birthday and he celebrated the milestone exactly as he would have liked. He is not my take cupcakes to school guy. He specifically requested Krispy Kreme doughnuts to share with his class. It was also field day at school on his birthday, and what kid does not love field day? I still remember defending my title as the jump rope champ in elementary school. He chose his favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner because you can wear a sombrero on your big day. He wanted nothing more than tickets to the UGA baseball game, so we spent the day at Foley Field yesterday. He ended up with a practice ball, a nearly $4 sprite (can you believe that?!), an exciting win for UGA in the bottom of the 9th and a wonderful night of sleep due to exhaustion from all of the excitement. Life at six is super cool! As he told me on the morning of his birthday, "I don't feel any older, I just feel taller." Give it a few years, baby, give it a few years! And Walker, I promise...I love you more than you love me!!!

1 comment:

The Clanton Gang said...

Aw, how sweet! Happy birthday, Walker!!