Thursday, July 9, 2009

giving back

I have met a very sweet and talented person through the world of blogging. At this point in time, she is giving back like nothing I've ever seen. When, through her blog, she offered the option to be a part of a silent auction at the end of this month, I jumped at the chance. You see, her dear friend's son was diagnosed with a brain disease called adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD) in March of this year. Riley, who is the same age as my oldest (6), and his parents are away from the comforts of home while at Duke University Hospital. Riley is there to receive bone marrow transplants. Brandy at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7017318 is donating all proceeds from the sale of items listed in SewCute Shop to teamgreene until their return to Chattanooga. I thought about this last night and found myself hoping that I would have friends like that surrounding me during a time of need - AMAZING!

Now, did I mention that Brandy was talented? I actually entered a giveaway to receive a gift certificate to her Etsy shop (link above.) I could not wait for the end of the giveaway before buying three things! Her work is absolutely wonderful - most wonderful fabrics and craftsmanship. Now, if there is one thing (actually there are MANY) I cannot do and that scares me to death, it is sewing. I can always count on Brandy for those kinds of things now! Please go visit her at her shop. You can know that your dollars are going to a wonderful cause.

You can visit teamgreene's journey by clickingwww.carepages.com/carepages/teamgreene

I have donated this piece to be a part of a basket in the silent auction giveaway - so very little for me to do, but jewelry is what I know! If you are in the Chattanooga area, please look for details about this auction/dinner. I believe the date is July 21.


We're pulling for you teamgreene!

No comments: