Tuesday, June 30, 2009

shiny.and.new

When I was sick in the bed last week, barely able to move my bones, Burke was so sweet to come home from work to see about the boys. He admitted to me later that he thought they might burn the house down while I slept. Considering they came in every five minutes to wake me and ask permission for everything, I am quite certain they would have done the same before conspiring to strike the match. During one of my many long naps, Burke took the boys out. I remember them telling me they were leaving. Several hours later, the boys came running into the house. "Mommy, mommy! Daddy bought you a surprise!," they exclaimed. As bad as I felt, I managed to drag myself out of the bed thinking surely a surprise would make me feel better. That works for you, doesn't it? I walked to the back door to find this little number...



Burke was so proud of his purchase for me. You see, now I would be able to cut the new grass in the back yard. I was looking around for the flowers that might accompany such a gift for your sick wife, but could not find them anywhere. Oh well. It is definitely not the shiny new retro bike I have been envisioning for myself, but I will have a manicured lawn and some serious exercise to boot.

Along the same lines of shiny and new, you must see one of the pieces I made for a friend of mine who has two little girls - true princesses. She ordered necklaces and matching earrings, and here is one of the necklaces...

and WAY cheaper than a lawn mower!

1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

okay - now I feel better about how my life works. The Man at my address once bought me an exercise bike and digital scales for christmas.

this is hilarious.