Friday, September 25, 2009

on loosing a tooth

Well, it happened. And if I weren't so slack in posting to my blog, you would have known that the first tooth came out a week ago. Of course, it happened at school. I was the unsuspecting mom in the car rider line when Walker comes up holding a little white plastic container shaped like a tooth and grinning a grin minus something he had in his mouth when I had dropped him off that very morning. He was grinning - I was crying. Apparently, it is "cool" to lose your tooth at school. Nevermind that your mother misses one of the biggest moments in your six years of life! His teacher saw it, his class saw it, and it even scored him a trip to see the school nurse who he adores. She gave him the little plastic tooth to keep it in and promised him a spot on her "tooth wall." He thinks it is great in spite of the fact that he doesn't even know what a tooth wall is. I mean...who wouldn't want to be on a tooth wall?



Kinsley, a precious girl in his class, told him that the tooth fairy will give you $10 for the first tooth. Okay, on the one hand, I feel forever indebted to Kinsley. Walker was thinking that his first tooth might be worth $100 in good condition. Are you kidding me? All of his teeth are in good condition - he's like a mini dentist! Back to my other hand on Kinsley....$10?! This is highway robbery. Well, $10 it was (what a generous fairy - more like a pushover, I should say.) And, as promised, that fairy dipped her wings in the water he left on the bedside table turning it the most magical shade of blue.


Since that time, we've lost another tooth. And yes, you guessed it...Kinsley strikes again! Surely we cannot keep up the pace at the new "after the first tooth" rate of $5. I believe I'm going to have to start sending Kinsley a bill!

Poor William. Can you tell he's been crying? He said it was the "unluckiest" day of his life. He is ready to lose a tooth now. I think the tooth fairy needs to look into getting a loan before his teeth start falling out! Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Brandy Christian said...

and YES, i love that shirt on you !!! brandy

maggiegracecreates said...

Hey there - toothfairy pays bonuses at our house for pulling your own teeth. That process makes me queasy. Love that she took time to dip her wings.

Look at MaggieGrace and see if you can right click any images for the bio you said you would write for me. -

Wills - just relax - Walker didn't get to celebrate "flame shoes" with us on Sunday like you did.

Chapel said...

Too Sweet!! I wish I would have had Walker's toothfairy when I was growing up!! :)