Wednesday, November 19, 2008

the holidays are upon us



I really have no reason for showing you this necklace except that I thought it turned out pretty cute. This is a piece I took to the local art show, and it sold right off the bat! Since so much of what I do is personalized, it was really difficult for me to come up with things that people could simply walk up and buy. I like the way it turned out, and you know I'd be more than happy to reproduce it for you should you want one! If nothing else it will give you more ideas of what is available/possible in the world of hand-stamped sterling jewelry.

Now, my friend Wendi over at http://alphabetsoupembroidery.com/ contacted me yesterday about the possibility of hosting a Christmas open house. Now, I must tell you that in one respect the idea terrified me. After all, my house needs a serious cleaning and then decorating. On the other hand, I already had the very same idea and had not mentioned it to her. Anyway, we batted around different ideas - participants, date, time, etc. - and it looks like we can make this happen. Now, my husband is having a Christmas photography special at our house the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so the house will have to be decorated anyway. We always get our tree the Friday after Thanksgiving, so 24 hours should be just fine, right? Nothing like having people over to your house to light a fire under you! I am out of school next week, so it should help to have some days at home. Anyway, if you're in the area and happen to hear from me or Wendi about the open house, I hope you'll join us! It would be a great time to wrap up (or start, in my case!) your Christmas shopping. I'll post more details about that later.

We have the preschool Thanksgiving program/feast tomorrow. I absolutely love that program! Then, I'm heading to the elementary school Friday for their holiday lunch. I just love celebrating the holidays with my boys! Hope the remainder of your week is great and full of thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Whoa! 24 hours to decorate, after Thanksgiving dinner, then stuffing yourself with leftovers! I would be too tired! Good Luck with the decorating and the open house! Lovely new necklace you've posted.