Saturday, November 1, 2008

boys night out


Yes, the boys have embarked on their first "real" camping trip to the mountains, tent and all. They left with daddy this morning and will return tomorrow. Not since before Walker was born have I had the house to myself overnight. I am so looking forward to it! If only I can get some cleaning and laundry done, I will be excited and consider it a success. I spent the day running errands, so I have quite a bit of ground to cover tonight. But, it is amazing what you can accomplish without two little ones (and one big one!) under your feet all day. I'll miss the guys, but this was exactly what we all needed. Of course, I will be interested to see if they are really returning tomorrow. When they left, they had enough packed for about four weeks! I, of course, took pictures to remember the occasion, so I'll share some of those next week.

I have been working on some recent orders. This was a necklace that was purchased for a birthday gift. I thought it safe to show since it was just one initial - just a different take on the full monogram. This person is also a little more natural. So, for interest, we went with the copper freshwater pearl dangle. I have much more to do, and would love to get some of it done in the next 24 quiet hours! My friend Laura and I organize an annual art show in the county. We are so fortunate to have so many talented artists who live right here around us. It is coming up next Saturday, November 8th. So, if you are in the area, it would be worth stopping by! We will have approximately 40 artists representing all different types of art. While most of my work is custom, I would love to have a few pieces to show and to sell that day. So, I need to get moving on that...the clock is ticking. So much to do - so little time.

I'll plan to post some camping pictures next week as well as pictures from Halloween. Let me just say that William won the costume contest at church for his age group, and it had nothing to do with the costume! He was dressed as a baseball player (with built in muscles.) The dialogue went a little something like this...

William: Mommy, am I going to win the contest?

Me: I don't know, honey. You are really going to have to sell it. Just work the crowd.

William: Okay mommy. I'm going to try my very best.

Well, let me just say that he put on quite a show. He marched up on stage and started flexing his "muscles" and tapping his cleats on the stage. When he felt like the attention was going some other way, he would quickly step out front and give another flex. It was definitely all in the attitude. When he returned to his seat he said, "I cannot believe I won!" My dad confided in me later that he knew the die was cast before William ever made his way to the stage. What a clown that little one is!

No comments: