Tuesday, December 2, 2008

the holiday rush

Okay...I'm usually much better (at least a little better) about posting than I have been. Thanksgiving was fantastic, but amazingly busy. We had a wonderful time with my parents and friends in Washington. When we returned home, I had to get the house decorated for the Christmas photo shoot Burke was doing Saturday. Since that time, I've culled through tons of pictures to get proofs to clients in time for Christmas card processing. All of the people we photographed were so beautiful, so narrowing down the pictures was not the easiest part of the job - yet it is MY part of the job! On Sunday afternoon I noticed that our beloved golden retriever, Broker, was acting quite ill. After we returned from Bible study that evening, he was really awful. Walker had a migraine, and Broker was sick - not a fun house that night. Needless to say, we didn't sleep a wink. Broker was tested for many things (cancer was the scariest for us since we lost his sister to cancer 5 years ago.) As it turns out, they think he simply had a bacterial infection and needed fluids and antibiotics. The boys and I are heading out this afternoon to pick him up. We are all so ready for him to be home and underfoot again! So.....with all of that, this is my first post in quite a while.

I'm working on some very fun jewelry to fulfill Christmas orders. I just love doing what I do! Stick around this week because my plan is to get the December giveaway made and posted by Friday. I think you'll really like it. I'll keep you posted! Have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your kids are so cute! your jewelry is very pretty. i like the anniversary necklace and the monogram earrings. i'll tell bethany about the birdie earrings- that's her mom's nickname.