Monday, January 5, 2009

More surprises from Christmas!

Sorry it has taken me a few days to post more pictures of Christmas orders I made. We celebrated the new year with friends, I had a date night with my husband and we spent the entire afternoon in the emergency room yesterday. So, needless to say, we have started 2009 off with a bang! What is it about little boys and trips to the emergency room? My youngest fell off of the beanbag tower he was creating (what is harmless about a beanbag, right?) and hit his head on what has always appeared to me as a very harmless kid's chair. Well, he must have hit it just right to create that 3/4" hole, and I do mean hole, in his head. After 3 1/2 hours in the emergency room, the kind doctor had William's head super-glued back together. Yes, I said super glue! We wrapped him up like a burrito so he could not squirm, and they put layer upon layer of super glue on his head while I blew on it to make the glue dry. Since William was comfortable with daddy, Burke cleaned the wound with the doctor's "special soap," and I blew the glue dry. Do you think we'll get any discount for our participation in putting William back together again?

Hope you'll enjoy the pictures of these pieces. There is more to come. I'm also very excited about my jewelry business in 2009. I've ordered some new things and have everything I need to use a torch...so I'll be heating things up! So, please stay tuned for some very exciting things. Valentine's Day will be hear before we know it, so pick out something you'd like and put a bug in your hubby's ear. It seemed to work for some of you for Christmas!






2 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

Had you known that superglue was the magic stuff - maybe you could have skipped that trip right?

Wait for the surprise of just how much the kind doctors brilliant application costs.

Is lil bit ok???

have a wonderful day.

Stephanie said...

These are too cute. I wish I was that creative. There is a lady at my church named Dawn that wanted me to forward her your email/blog so you may hear from her about a necklace. Did you get the necklace I sent you? Love the pics. What kind of camera does Burke have. Did he take a class or anything about photography?
Stef