Tuesday, August 18, 2009

from baby boy to super hero


We miss Walker when he is at school; however, Wills and I enjoy our time together - time that is just about us. Preschool will be starting soon, and I'm going to miss lazy summer mornings being entertained by my little man. This morning I asked him if he would just plan to live with me forever. He replied, "Mommy, super heroes don't live with their mommys and daddys. You just don't even like to think about me being a grown-up!" He is right. When I'm enjoying every second of him being 4, a grown-up super hero is just too much for me to comprehend. So, for now, I'm simply going to enjoy each and every day that he lives under our roof. He'll be wearing a cape and saving the world before I know it!

3 comments:

The Clanton Gang said...

SO sweet!! When Maddie was 3, she promised me that she'd stop having birthdays when she turned 7. Somehow I don't think that's going to happen! Isn't it sad how quickly they grow up! I miss my little kids already!

maggiegracecreates said...

What a wonderful picture. See you guys Sunday.

Laura. said...

aw, what a great picture--and what a great phase! my mom still jokes about my moving back in with her and my dad--is that normal? but i kind of love it.