Wednesday, August 26, 2009

a leaky faucet

Things like leaky faucets happen only when my husband is on plane headed out of town for several days. So, of course, Monday was that day for us. Fortunately, there are great plumbers in our area. They came out when they said they would, and even on the same day I called. Rather than a leak in the pipes (which they could have fixed that day), it had to be a leak in the faucet itself. Thank goodness for friends in high places (you're the best, Teresa!) I called Teresa who picked out a faucet WITH me over the phone while both looking online, and she had it on a truck at her office by lunch the next day. I'm back in business as of yesterday afternoon (yep, that's my new faucet), and I even get my husband home today. Too bad he missed all of the excitement! And speaking of excitement...

Meet Earl! No, he didn't come with our new faucet; however, Earl lives on the property behind Teresa's office. Of course she was taking William out for a visit and the chance to feed the donkeys and goats.

This is William feeding the momma goat. He said over and over again, "I just don't know about this." Thanks, Teresa, for an adventure in the world of leaky faucets and feeding the animals. What four-year old little boys wouldn't be all about that?!

1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

The faucet looks great. Does it work okay? If the handle hits the tile you can take the little tip off the back of it - I should have told you that yesterday.

I am glad you guys came to see me.