Monday, September 8, 2008

A busy, but GREAT, weekend!

Happy Monday to everyone! Our family had a really great weekend, and I hope yours did as well. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we took our boys to see their first UGA football game. We began with the annual South Campus Tailgate, which was great fun. It was presented by the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and the College of Family & Consumer Sciences. The boys enjoyed great food, great friends, and even had the opportunity to hold baby chickens and "not-so-baby" snakes (yikes!) I believe that even hissing cockroaches were involved! This is definitely my husband's department, as I chose to take this time to visit with old friends. We then made our way to Sanford Stadium to watch the bulldogs win BIG! Our boys are 5 and 3, so we really did not anticipate making it through the entire game. Quite honestly, we thought our youngest would be asleep before the game began! In reality, he was the last to be ready to go and mentioned that he'd like to take the cheerleaders to his car...too funny!





Saturday was Georgia 4-H Day at the game. My longtime friend, Mandy, works for the state 4-H office and made everything possible for us. To thank her for our special day, I designed and made this keychain for her. Thanks so much, Mandy!




Now, as I also mentioned, we made our way to Greenville, SC on Sunday to meet our new niece/cousin. I could not make this Monday post without including a picture of her! Let me introduce Elizabeth Colley Gold to all of you...

Isn't she precious?! We had a great visit. With our two boys and a 4-year old nephew, there was not much quiet time; however, she seemed to be like this most of the visit. I guess she can sleep through most anything!


Hope everyone has a wonderful day, and a fantastic week ahead!

1 comment:

maggiegracecreates said...

she's so pretty - missed you uys yesterday. see you sunday.