Tuesday, September 30, 2008

holy cow!

I know I usually post about jewelry or our boys, but today is a bit unusual. I wanted to share with you my recent adventure in cooking. Now, for those of you who know me, I L-O-V-E to cook. I have had a pork roast in the crock pot since 8:00 this morning - smelling quite tasty to say the least. I took it out just moments ago to pull off the fat (disgusting, right?), and because we live in the middle of a farm had planned to pour the fat, grease and bone out into the pasture. Because we have a 90 lb. golden retriever that would not mind in the least digging under the fence to retrieve such a "delectable treat," I knew I needed to get it pretty far over the fence. Well, of course with the weight of the pot and the angle at which I needed to dump it, I dropped it! Now, the farm is cross-fenced for the cows. So, I had to walk about a mile (a slight exaggeration) to retrieve my pot. I had to walk this far because the fences are electric and climbing them is not an option for me when there is electricity involved. Needless to say, I encountered a few of these large creatures along the way (photo compliments of my husband - don't you just love how his tongue is up his nostril!) as well as the nastiness they leave in their wake. For my "city friends"... welcome to my world!!! With the help of my 5-year old, we are finally back in - with a newly cleaned pot - and have the most tender barbeque simmering away in sauce. We'll dig in after soccer practice. Bon Appétit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny Lannae!! I just wanted to let everyone know how much I L-O-V-E my free bird earrings. For those of you who REALLY REALLY wanted to win them, I would urge you to order some. They are great! Have a great day and your BBQ sounds really good. DId you cook it in BBQ sauce or add that after you pulled the meat apart? Have you ever thought about a cooking blog?? :)

Anonymous said...

are you trying to give me a hit w/this cow picture?