Wednesday, September 10, 2008

it's raining...frogs!

What a foreign experience it was for me to wake up to a thunderstorm last night. It has been so long since it has "really" rained here. It made it nearly impossible to get out of the bed this morning to get everyone (including me) ready for school. Even at 2:00 p.m., I still find myself ready to curl back up under my covers! Needless to say, the raincoats were not exactly handy by the back door; however, we found them and tried to ride through the biggest puddles on the way to school in order to make it seem a little easier to be out and about so early on such a grey day.

After dropping Walker off at the elementary school, William was on the cell phone talking to his father. While listening to their conversation, I caught a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror. I noticed that, while I had already been up for an hour and a half, I still had this sheet/pillow mark across my face. Now, if I were turning 26 tomorrow rather than 36, that mark would have long been gone! I told William to tell his father that I would like to have Botox for my birthday...he angrily yelled back at me, "No mommy, I want tacos!" I guess I won't have any "lift" waiting for me when I wake up in the morning, but you can just bet what I'll be having for my birthday dinner!

On a brighter note...I have a cute necklace to post. This piece is for the mother of a little girl who was born last week. She does not know about me and my jewelry, but her mother-in-law does. So, we agreed it was probably safe to post the picture even though the necklace is to be part of her Christmas gift. A 1.25" sterling silver washer is handstamped with sugar.spice.everything nice. Inside hangs a 5/8" disc with the little girl's name on it. A handmade freshwater pearl/sterling silver bead charm hangs from the top. This piece it too fun for a new mom!

Now, I must explain the title of my post today. Yes, it is raining, but I had already told you that. When I was getting the preschool students into the church this morning, I felt/heard a thump on the top of my head. I had visions of one of the kids getting a kick out of throwing a piece of plastic food at my head. Well, I leaned over and shook my head. Onto the ground fell a frog! I should have know it was going to be a strange day!

No comments: