Monday, September 29, 2008

Where did the weekend go?

This seems to be a constant state of affairs for me, as I am sure it is for many of you reading this - where did Saturday and Sunday go? My husband was away at a men's retreat this weekend, so the boys and I were flying solo. We tend to eat way too much junk food, and I stay up much too late when he is gone. I was doing some reading and working on some art projects for this week at preschool, so I managed to get a ton of that sort of thing done. We were also treated to a wonderful evening at the home of my friend Amy, whose husband was at the same retreat as Burke. She has three very fun and entertaining children, so the boys had a terrific time. They played outside, had game and art stations set up and prepared the most wonderful meal. We finished the night with a movie before heading home. Amy and I had originally planned to go out to eat and to see a movie, but finding a sitter for five children is not necessarily the easiest task in the world. As it turned out, I think I was far more entertained by the evening at their house!

I also worked on several jewelry projects - orders that came in since the giveaway. I am having so much fun with these projects! I have posted a picture of the necklace I made for my Amanda to give to her sister. Today is her birthday, and I have already heard that she has it and loves it! I think it turned out really neat, and I hope it will give you all an idea of other designs we can create. I really liked this one so much that I plan to make one for myself...again, when I can find the time! This necklace would be perfect for most anyone, but could be a fun gift for someone who is newly married. The nice thing about this piece is its' size. The squares, which I have turned on the angle, are 1/2" in size. They would also make amazing earrings!
I am now off to bake dozens upon dozens of cookies in the shape of a "C." Cortney's wedding is this weekend, and I have offered to bake cookies for favors. Her new last name will also start with a "C", so maybe Cortney needs some new monogrammed earrings! Okay, okay...I'll save that project for another day. I hope this week is terrific for all of you. As always, thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

Aunt Susan said...

Hey, I going to try one more time! I love the necklace for the drawing - here's hoping I'll be lucky! I also love the initial earrings like the girls have. They would go with anything. Could you possibly make a money clip with Steve's initials for
Christmas? JCP really hit the jackpot when we got you on our team! I'm so glad we get to work together! love ya! Susie Q