Monday, September 22, 2008

hello Monday



Today marks the start of a new school week for us. Walker, as much as he LOVES school, asked again when his first vacation was going to be! Sometimes our weekends seem as busy - or busier - as our weekdays that everything runs together. We should make a conscious effort to stop and take a breath from time to time (hence the picture of my little crossing guard.) By the way, is that bicycle not the cutest! I am a huge fan of these bikes. Walker learned to ride a bike in about 10 days with this type of bicycle. They are called balance bikes, and the child focuses on the hardest part of the process - the balancing - first. There are no pedals, and they will never need training wheels. Walker went from riding nothing to riding a big bicycle in a week and a half - completely amazing. That Santa Claus is one crafty fellow!



I worked on several projects this weekend - pieces that have been on my mind for a while. I finally sat down and stamped out my sister's necklace for her. Since she will see this post before she sees her necklace in person, " I hope you like this, Betsy!" I'll drop it in the mail to you this week. This piece is great for a mom who wants to proudly display her children's names around her neck. The names are hand-stamped on sterling silver tags and hang from a larger closed jump ring. A double freshwater pearl dangle is included. You could choose from a 16 or 18" necklace. I just love this one, and it would make a fantastic Christmas gift!

Now, my other project is one I mentioned last week. I am going to have my very first blog give-away. I am so excited about this!!! I am going to keep you in suspense (because I know you are all on the edge of your seats) until tomorrow when I post the picture. The only thing you will have to do is leave a comment on my blog. That is easy enough, right? Then, I will randomly choose a winner from those comments. I love to give things away, but I am most excited about seeing who will comment. So, be sure and check me out tomorrow and tell all of your friends! For now, I hope this Monday will be the start of a great week and that we will all take a little time to stop...and catch our breath.

No comments: