Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Monday

I hope this Monday is finding everyone well. Our family had a great weekend. One of my favorite activities was our son's very first soccer game. My parents drove over for the game and some friends joined us as well. So, Walker had quite a cheering section. He loved it! Now, my husband and I got far more involved than we ever thought we would...involved meaning vocal. Not vocal in the ugly, you see it on t.v., bad-dad way, but in the supportive of the whole team, excited way. I was exhausted by the time the game was over! Once our little team realized which goal was theirs, they really stepped it up. Now that we experienced our learning curve, we should be looking great for game #2 this week.

My husband and I also had a date night. He took me out for a very nice birthday dinner. Every time we do this, we always say we should do it more often. Does anyone have any advice as to how to stick to this plan?! We could sure use it, because we really do not go out, just the two of us, often enough.

As I promised several posts ago, I was working on a bracelet for the mother of a friend of mine. Her birthday was the day after mine, so I wanted to wait and post it this week in the event she stumbled across it on my blog. This bracelet is so fantastic because she has so many grandchildren. I have a feeling her children are not done in the baby department, so I can see us making additions before too terribly long. After showing this bracelet off to some friends, it has turned into me making at least four more that will be used for Christmas gifts. I am planning to make a bracelet for myself (if I can ever get around to it!) While I have only two children to brag about, I envision adding another charm with the word blessed on it. That way, I'll be able to count my blessings on my bracelet!

Enjoy your Monday.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I have a suggestion about date night....My husband and I are newlyweds but have been together for 3 years and date night is a BIG deal for us. We make it a priority no matter what because we have such hectic lives. The key is to have a prescheduled date and stick to it. We schedule the last Wednesday of every month to be our date night. Something new we have started doing to make it more fun is taking $20 out of each paycheck every week and putting it into a jar. At the end of the month, one of us gets to take the $80 and plan the date for the other (we take turns doing the planning). That person can do anything that they want with the money (cheap meal with a gift like flowers or spend it all on a more extravagant meal). Anything left over goes back into the jar for another date night. You don't really miss $20 at a time but sometimes its harder to come up with more if you wait to do it all at one time. Since we take turns, we have a whole month to plan the next date and it becomes a competition to outdo the previous date. Its a lot of fun!